Tristram Design was formed in 2014, by Interior Design professional, Alyson Jackson-Petts who had previously owned and run two interiors retail shops in central London. As well as providing interior designer services, Alyson also worked at a building contractor, property developer and interior architecture specialist, offering a full service design and build.
Tristram Design offers a full interior design and home styling service for our clients and includes:
- Complete home and property interior design we can work in collaboration with your architect, contractor and surveyor.
- Interior design services and consultation.
- Colour scheme design.
- Full home or individual room styling.
- Shopping advice on interiors and furnishings.
- Sourcing of furniture at discounted prices.
- Show Home styling and staging for property developers - residential properties either for sale or for letting.
- Airbnb property styling and consultation
As we are based in Central London, our clients are mainly in and around London, although we are very happy to work anywhere the UK and abroad.
Our client list includes members of the Kuwaiti royal family; London boutique hotel owners; Estate Agents, including Hamptons International.
Alyson has designed properties for celebrities such as, Olympic rower Matthew Pincent and actress Lindsay Lohan.
Tristram Design started life as Mish-Mash Traders Ltd, with a London interiors retail store, in 2002. Our shop had a very unique look, full of lifestyle products, furnishings and object d'art.
Our ethos was to source from talented artisan craftsmen from around the world and UK.
Our customers loved our style and products so much that many asked us to help them design their homes. This started our Interior Design Service.
We soon found ourselves being asked to style London Boutique Hotels and provide show home styling for property developers and landlords.
Within 2 years we were also offering building works for our clients along with our interior design.
For 10 years we were a full service design and build company but with a retail arm, giving a high street presence.
Very recently, we closed the stores, but now operate our high street sales out of our lage warehouse facility in South London, where we offer furniture and accessory sales.
Our new name, Tristram Design, we feel is more in keeping with our current service to our customers. We hope you like the name.
Owner & Director - Alyson Jackson-Petts
I began my huge interest in interiors when totally redesigning my mother’s home in my teens. I also learned how to build walls, mix cement, and lay bricks from the age of 15.
Later in my 20’s, while working as an air hostess I married and had the task of totally refurbishing our new cottage in the Cotswolds. In my late 20's I was lucky enough to work for Smallbone of Devises, where I was trained in room design and planning. By the age of 35, I had redesigned and refurbished 5 of my own properties while working full time.
Our Design Architect – Frankie
Frankie trained in Interior Architecture at Victoria University in Wellington, New Zealand. She has been working with us in London now for around 4 years and is very experienced in designing and optimising interior space for both style and functionality. Also with a great eye for detail, she can visualise our ideas with her fantastic sketches and draw the final designs in CAD. You will be amazed at what is possible in the space that you have!
Gardener – Kathy Crouch
Kathy lives and works in Somerset but we have been lucky enough to be able to work with her on client projects when her skill is really needed. In 1999 Kathy won the first BBC Gardener of the Year competition and then won BBC Gardener of the Decade in 2008.
Plumbing, heating & electrical engineer – Kevin
Kevin provides all of our boiler and heating installations as well as electrical re-wiring. He can evaluate and install our gas fireplaces and provide landlord lettings safety certificates. He is an expert in TV, Sky and sound systems. He is also registered as a domestic energy assessor (EPC’S) and registered with the Green Deal Scheme as a assessor and an installer
Website usage terms and conditions
The term Tristam Design & Build or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 106 Battersea High Street, London, SW11 3HP. Our company registration number is 04655821, Companies House, UK. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
· The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
· Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
· This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
· Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
· Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Tristam Design & Build Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Tristam Design & Build Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 4 Feb 2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
· name and job title
· contact information including email address
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping.
· We may use the information to improve our products and services.
· We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
· From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
· if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Tristram Design & Build Limited, 106 Battersea High Street, London, SW11 3HP. Email: email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.